The summer is here! Hooray! Now whether you’re spending your breaks at home or away, one thing we’ll all be doing is showing a little more flesh than usual (unless it’s raining – UK readers only I expect!) But will you dare to bare like those preened and perfected celebrities or will you opt for just ankles and forearms?
Today’s women are under constant pressure from every which way to LOOK good (article usually next to advert for expensive rejuvenating face cream), FEEL good (yoga, pilates/soya products) and BE good (only one glass of wine with you Quorn stir-fry and palm full of acai berries). So, can we do it? Can we knuckle down and follow the trends? And do we want to?
Here are my FIVE top tips for feeling good no matter what you decide!
1. If the latest fashion trends aren’t your style – buck it! You’ll feel way more comfortable in a style that suits YOU!
2. The perfect skin doesn’t exist! We all have different combinations. Use what you’ve always used on your skin. If it works why change it? Are creams with gold flakes in them really going to make that much difference to anything but your bank balance?
3. If you can’t afford a gym membership just get out in the fresh air and walk! Fresh air is free and unlimited and you can take people with you! Dog? Children? Hot guy from across the road you smile at sometimes…just saying!
4. New fruits and vegetables with funny names probably won’t make you live longer. Our grandparents were brought up on apples and cabbage! My nan is 84 and she’s never been near a kumquat!
5. Love the skin you’re in – you’ll win! Confidence comes with relaxing into yourself. We all think there are parts of us we could improve, but most of the time those are the parts other people love about us! Celebrate your uniqueness!
We here at Loveahappyending Lifestyle would love to hear what you think about diet and fitness. What have you tried and what has/hasn’t worked for you? Do celebrity-endorsed diet plans encourage you to try it or does it make no difference who is the face of the regime?